5.06.2013

Masking Images

In Project 7, my Image Design students were asked to blur the background of an image while leaving the one part of the foreground perfectly clear. They used a technique called "masking" to pull this off. A mask is a special kind of layer that lets you hide or reveal previous layers.

Here is a video to help explain how to create this effect in Gimp...



Check out these student-created samples!
 By Yamilex

By Maria

 By Nick

 By Angela

Amazing work kids! I love the way you created one clear image within the photograph. Keep it up!

6 comments:

  1. Wow this looks like a really cool class! You guys did really good work! I wish I was in image design :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. These student made pictures really makes me want to take image designing.
    It just so cool :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I use Gimp for image editing. I use blur only on the background of the render. And i use C4D packs.
    They always give life to it ^^

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really enjoyed working with it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. good job on the cats yamilex

    ReplyDelete
  6. I wondered how you make a picture look like that. I will have to learn how to do that sometime or take that class.

    ReplyDelete

Choose Name/URL from the list.
Enter your first name only and leave URL blank (optional).
Your comment will be visible after Mrs. Sol approves it. Thanks!